The Technical Consultant will be responsible for applying knowledge and expertise around the supply chain product and services, Industry Operations, and Business Processes to drive design, configuration, and implementation for specific client solutions. The Technical Consultant is required to work independently, as well as in a team, with clients and software engineers. This is a customer-oriented role providing professional unmatched customer service and support.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct technical analysis sessions with clients and the project team to understand the technical needs of the client and develop explanations solutions to meet those client requirements.
- Assist to solve or escalate issues that may have a negative impact on needs and requirements of the project.
- Provide exceptional and consistent technical support to the project team. Assist is all areas including quality assurance, setup, software installation and configuration, operations consulting, troubleshooting, system testing and programming.
- Collaborate with team and clients to refine and determine project requirements from technical specifications. Identify business and technical expectations on each project.
- Identify and outline key processes on the project to successfully complete the project in the decided timeframe.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Provide feedback for team member’s reviews.
- Contribute to internal process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience in a technology-related field.
Skills / Experience Required
- 3-5+ years of experience with deploying supply chain solutions
- Experience with resolving technical issues during various project stages.
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle databases and Windows and Unix (including Linux) operating environments.
- Experience working with Weblogic or WebSphere
- Experience working with IIS, Apache and Web Service Calls.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing targeted solutions for meeting project requirements
- Proven experience conducting technical analysis sessions to understand the functional and technical needs of project requirements and the developed technical solutions to meet those needs.
- Experience facilitating design workshops in support of desired business requirements and then creating a design document for team review.
- Ability to evaluate and improve components of product specific databases and system configurations.
- Previous work experience in transportation, supply chain, logistics and/or warehouse is a plus
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills are a must.
- Ability to play a leadership role in implementing or managing supply chain and/or retail systems.
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills, with demonstrated maturity in “people” skills
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to present complex information to individuals and small groups and conduct meeting effectively when required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, particularly regarding anticipating and solving problems, issues, or concerns before they occur or become critical
- Ability to travel to a customer location within USA.
- Must have strong written and verbal and non – verbal skills with clear communication in the English language
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and multiple customers.
- Ability to travel up to 30 to 50 percent annually.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds.
- Customer satisfaction was accomplished, and customer implemented changes recommended. ROI was achieved.
- Maintain strong relationship with customers for future projects and reference connections.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ascension Logistics is an equal opportunity employer.