The TMS Consultant will be responsible for applying knowledge and expertise around the supply chain product and services, Industry Operations, and Business Processes to drive design, configuration, and implementation for specific client solutions. The Senior Solution Consultant is required to work independently, as well as in a team, with clients and software engineers. This is a customer-oriented role providing professional unmatched customer service and support.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides advice to customers regarding industry best practices in business process and software deployment methodologies
- Conducts/leads business process analysis or design/construction phase of the project including writing functional specifications
- Creates and modifies procedural and system documentation throughout the project
- Develops functional and technical specifications for modifications, interfaces, reports and screens that meet the customers’ business objectives
- Provides primary user support and verifies that the system provides the required business functions
- Prepares and delivers presentations for user, management, and executive level audiences
- Communicates and/or supports business cases to Product Management and Product Development regarding specific trends for future product functionality and enhancements
- Assists Project Managers in planning efforts
- Working with the Project Manager, creates detailed tasks on overall project plan
- Ensures knowledge transfer is conducted with key customer project team members
- Serves as a functional and/or technical liaison and attends and contributes to key meetings between the Project Manager, key customer contacts, and customer users up to and including key executive project sponsors
- Understands how to design, execute, and deliver the i2/RedPrairie/JDA transportation configurations
Non-essential Job Functions
- Provide feedback for team member’s reviews
- Contribute to internal process improvements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience in a technology-related field.
Skills / Experience Required
- 3+ years of experience as a Solution Architect in Logistics/Transportation with a high level of demonstrated performance
- In-depth knowledge of Logistics software solutions and technical architectures
- Knowledge of operational processes in Supply Chain Management
- Excellent computer skills with in-depth knowledge of operating systems, client/server technology, ERP systems, Integration technologies and applications
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with team members, customers and partners
- Strong proactive communicator and ability to respond to highly specialized technical questions
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to apply advanced mathematical concepts and mathematical operations to tasks as required
- Ability to effectively and proactively work independently as well as on a team
- Experienced in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
- Ability to adhere to scope and schedule of projects
- Ability to travel up to 50%+ annually.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds.
- Customer satisfaction was accomplished, and customer implemented changes recommended. ROI was achieved.
- Maintain strong relationship with customers for future projects and reference connections
- Customer purchased additional services
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Ascension Logistics is an equal opportunity employer.